JOA is committed to making a sustained contribution to reducing poverty and hardship in poorer countries. In particular it will support:
- Basic health care;
- Safe drinking water and sanitation;
- Self sufficiency and food security;
- Environmental sustainability
- Gender equality
- Emergency and humanitarian needs
JOA provides funding in the following ways:
- Grant aid for development projects implemented through UK-registered NGOs and other recognised specialist aid agencies
- Emergency and disaster relief through internationally-recognised relief agencies
- Community work projects, where teams of Jersey volunteers physically contribute to development projects overseas
- Supporting Jersey Charities in their work overseas, generally on a matched funding (£ for £) basis.
- Sponsorship and bursaries for Jersey professionals to provide specific services and training overseas for charitable purposes.
JOAC will only issue grants to pre-approved agencies. For more information, including application details and countries of focus, please download our Explanatory Booklet.