Rotary Club de la Manche
The Rotary Club de la Manche Bursary Award reflects in a small way the international character of Rotary. The award provides annual bursaries up to £1,000, to assist a young person or persons who are unable to afford the necessary funds, due to personal or family circumstances, to take part in an overseas community work project supported by the Jersey Overseas Aid Commission.
The wish of the members of Rotary Club de la Manche is that the funds, which will go towards the participants overall costs, will assist young individuals to benefit from a life changing experience.
Who is eligible to apply for a bursary award?
Applicants must be:
- between 18 and 25 years old;
- able to commit the time (three to four weeks);
- prepared to help raise funds for the community where the work is undertaken;
- resident in the island for five years.
Applicants must also be able to show:
- interest in the cultural issues they will face;
- enthusiasm for the work they will undertake;
- understand the values and ethos of the project team;
- bring some skills to the team;
- the ability to meet the personal challenges they will face;
- be a team player.
How to apply:
- Applicants or their sponsor, who believe they meet the criteria, should write in the first instance to the Executive Officer of the Jersey Overseas Commission.
Find out more about the work of Rotary De La Manche visit: