Are you an International Development professional, looking for a new challenge? Jersey Overseas Aid is looking for a Programme Officer to join its small professional team.
Based in St Helier, this exciting new role will help ensure that Jersey’s contribution to international aid provides both the maximum benefit for the world’s poor and the highest level of accountability for Jersey’s taxpayers.
Reporting to the Director, the Programme Officer will be responsible for the monitoring and oversight of JOA grants, ensuring that projects are implemented in accordance with the highest standards of aid effectiveness. They will also play a key role in evaluating new projects, and in helping to communicate what we do to the Jersey public and the wider world.
We are seeking a candidate with experience of delivering international aid in a field context. Your first-hand understanding of managing or monitoring projects in difficult environments enables you relate to the challenges facing our grantees, but also to spot risks and read between the lines. You have:
- Education to degree level in a relevant discipline;
- At least three years’ experience working for an international NGO, UN Agency, donor or private sector development organisation, with practical involvement in managing, implementing, commissioning, monitoring or evaluating projects;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Good analytical and research skills;
- Legal entitlement to work in Jersey (this job does NOT come with a Licence)
The deadline for applications, which should be sent to email@example.com, is midday on Tuesday 5th September. Please read the job description below.