JOA are Recruiting!!
Jersey Overseas Aid is looking for a Policy Officer to join its small professional team.
Based in St Helier, this new role will help ensure that Jersey’s contribution to international aid provides both the maximum benefit for the world’s poor and the highest level of accountability for Jersey’s taxpayers. Reporting to the Director, the Policy Officer will contribute to developing and implementing Jersey’s aid policy, and supporting the Minister for International Development and JOA on the national and global stage. They will also play a key role in the monitoring and oversight of JOA grants, and helping to communicate what we do to the Jersey public and the wider world.
We are seeking a candidate with demonstrable experience of relief and development, in either a field or HQ context. You will have a thorough understanding of the architecture, actors, financing and methodologies of international aid, ideally with some experience of creating, analysing or implementing development policy. Specifically:
- At least four years’ experience working for an international NGO, UN Agency, donor or private-sector development organisation;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Proven analytical and research skills;
- Education to degree level in a relevant discipline;
- Legal entitlement to work in Jersey (this job does NOT come with a Licence)
The deadline for applications is 31st December 2018.