Jersey Overseas Aid would love your help to revise our strategy for funding integrated nature conservation and rural livelihoods projects!
Shaping The Future of Conservation Livelihoods Funding Together is an online conference hosted over two half-days by Jersey Overseas Aid and Durrell Wildlife Conservation Trust. It will bring together practitioners, donors and academics in conservation and development to discuss the opportunities and challenges that working together brings.
Presentations from global institutions will catalyse panel discussions around working in partnership, and at the intersection of conservation and development. Learnings will be used to inform the development of Jersey Overseas Aid’s Conservation Livelihoods funding strategy from 2022.
Do you and your colleagues have great ideas about the future of sustainable development? Do you work in a conservation-development partnership and are willing to share your experiences to shape the future of funding? Are you looking to build partnerships or assess impact across the two disciplines?
Join us, and a diverse assembly of local, national and global actors, as we seek to improve grant programming and donorship in ways which support organisations and communities to more effectively and sustainably achieve joint conservation and development goals.
This conference is made up of two half days. Both half days can be accessed via the same Zoom link, which will be sent to registrants before the event.
Detailed schedule of VERY EXCITING SPEAKERS to be announced shortly.
Day One: Thursday 7 April, 13:00-17:00 BST
- What is integrated conservation and development? What could it be?
- What do conservation and development share, and what do we not?
- What are the challenges – and possible solutions – for evaluating impact across disciplines?
- How can a donor better support integrated conservation livelihoods projects?
Day Two: Friday 8 April, 09:00-13:00 BST
- Building sustainability into project design through co-development and locally-led implementation.
- Becoming one: exploring opportunities for turning conservation itself into a livelihood.
- Financing producers and strengthening value chains for sustainable products.
- Family planning, community health and conservation.
Jersey Overseas Aid believes conservation of ecosystems and poverty eradication are intrinsically linked and must be tackled together. Help us craft encounters of difference to improve design, delivery, and impact evaluation of integrated conservation-livelihoods projects globally. Register today and shape the funding of tomorrow!